welcome


Brad and I are flipping our first investment property house with a rustic, modern style. All of our posts can be found on the left side of the page, organized by date and title or you can stay on this page and scroll down to see the most recent things we have done.

To consistently follow along on our remodeling journey, subscribe with emails by submitting your email address in the bar on the left side of the screen.


Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Adding texture to the walls

After spitting the walls (as we have shown in previous blog posts) we allowed the mounds of drywall mud to dry until they no longer had any shine (about 10 minutes). Then, we gently troweled over them, holding the trowel at a low angle, almost flat against the wall, to flatten the mounds. This creates the organized chaos of wall texture! 


We did a pretty heavy spit to match the rest of our house. You can see some areas where the mounds were too concentrated and, as a result, the texture is more flat. This will be fine once the walls are painted, but it is a good example for why you need to cover the whole wall evenly with the spitter. 


We got a little messy from the process...


After we were all done with the texture, the boys put the toilet in!



Then, the granite guy, Mike, was arranged to come to install the granite in the bathroom and finish the window in the kitchen!! 

We are almost done, the end is in sight!!

In the meantime, I checked out a store that Brad's mom told me to visit in Folsom called Kirkland's! I had some free time to kill before my classes started at Folsom Lake College, so I shopped!!!


I really want to get two lamps for the living room, something like this one. I didn't buy any because I wanted Brad's approval, but I think I'm in love with this style. 


I also really loved this rustic mirror! It would be so cute sitting on top of our shelving unit, leaning against the wall. We already have a ton of mirrors in the house though...


I could easily make this wreath though!! 

Burlap = ♡


After wandering around the store for an hour, I finally left with 2 pillows!! 



I think they really add a home-y feeling to our living room. Plus, they tie in well with the color scheme and the rustic vibe :) Thanks Jeri for recommending the store of my dreams!!!

More to come on the bathroom soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment