welcome


Brad and I are flipping our first investment property house with a rustic, modern style. All of our posts can be found on the left side of the page, organized by date and title or you can stay on this page and scroll down to see the most recent things we have done.

To consistently follow along on our remodeling journey, subscribe with emails by submitting your email address in the bar on the left side of the screen.


Friday, February 20, 2015

It's Beginning to Feel Like a Home


It's spring time. Time for flowers to bloom, gardens to be planted, and fruit to be eaten ;) 

But first, before all this begins, I want make our house feel like a home. I've been seeing a lot of front entryways and porches on Pinterest that I am absolutely in love with. As everyone knows, I am obsessed with the rustic-modern style. So... I took it upon myself to research the porches of rustic style homes and I came up with an idea!!!

I dug up the flowers that were popping up in the corner of our yard... 
And replanted them in a huge, wooden bin from Hobby Lobby for $8!



Now, everything I walk up to our front door, it just seems so much more inviting:) 

Also, I've been moving plants indoors too! Succulents, aloe, and small bushes are growing all over our yard like weeds. When they are in random patches, it's not the cutest. However, when you plant them in a super cute pot and give them a purpose, they're great decor! 

^^I transplanted that aloe plant into a silver, rustic pot, to add a little rustic vibe.

Outside, most of our flowers are in bloom, including this gorgeous tree! Since it's right after valentine's day, there's a ton of flowers in our house anyways, so I picked a few of these and added them to one of the bouquets that was dying..

^^aren't they beautiful inside??

Also, Brad got me this bouquet for valentine's day, which is making a great centerpiece for our table! In the background you can still see the unfinished crownmolding, backsplash, and floors. We are starting them in probably about another week!


I love lillies..

Today, Brad and I also went to IKEA to FINALLY get the mirror I've been wanting so badly. If you can recall, I originally wanted 3, but right now, that's just not in our budget. Soooooo, we got only one for now. 


It is going to go on the wall right behind the table, horizontally. I think it will really tie in the whole rustic-modern theme:)


Once those hideous carpets are out, it's going to be AMAZING !! !/$&^@$&#&!!! I can't wait! 

Then we will plan our housewarming party! 

No comments:

Post a Comment