welcome


Brad and I are flipping our first investment property house with a rustic, modern style. All of our posts can be found on the left side of the page, organized by date and title or you can stay on this page and scroll down to see the most recent things we have done.

To consistently follow along on our remodeling journey, subscribe with emails by submitting your email address in the bar on the left side of the screen.


Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Floating shelves in the kitchen and oversized clock

So before yesterday, the clock in our house has always been in the kitchen above the wine. We have had it there to fill the space where cabinets could have been, in order to make the space feel bigger. 


I was totally ok with that until I fell in love with the idea of an oversized clock in the living room! 

And then I found this one at a local store and fell in love!


I really loved the rustic feel, but I didn't buy it that day. I researched if/how I could build my own, but for $100 I decided it was worth the money to save the time and just buy it! When I went back to the store though, it was GONE! *gasp* I know. 
 


But then, I found the EXACT same one at Hobby Lobby and my prayers were answered! It was a little more expensive ($150), but with my 40% off coupon from The Retail Me Not app, I saved some money. It was well worth it though!!


Here it is on my wall!


And after rearranging, here's the final turnout;) 


The only problem? You can't have 2 clocks within like 10 feet of one another, that's absurd. 

So, we replaced the clock in the kitchen with some floating shelves I've been dying to have anyways! 

Target, here I come! 


At first I got the 23", but after getting it home, it was a little short for the wall which is 39" across. So I returned those and switched them out with the 35", which was perfect! 

Here's Jessica, our roommate, holding up the second shelf to see the spacing. 


We decided to space them far enough apart for the plant I picked out from Hobby Lobby. I grabbed a rustic looking tin and put the plant right into it! 


I really like the added dimension with the hanging vines off of the shelf.

And there's the final shelving decor! 

As you can see, the crown molding still needs to be done in the kitchen...another day! :) We will eventually get to it! 


There's the before and after:) I think it makes the kitchen look way bigger! 


I absolutely love it:) 



And this was some of my inspiration: 


No comments:

Post a Comment